Amla ChutneyAmla is also known as gooseberry. It is a rich source of vitamin C and too many nutrients, beneficial for our eye sight, hairs and digestive system. We should try to include it in our diet, one simple way to include it in our daily diet is to use it in a form of chutney.
This quick and easy chutney goes well with any meal course, usually raw amla has a distinguish strong flavor, hence I used to boil it before grinding, but now it is easy to microwave it for 3 minutes before grinding, it doesn’t change its color and taste.
Ingredients required and detailed instructions for the recipe are as follows:
Preparation Time : 6 minutes | Cooking Time : Not required | Serves :8
Recipe Category: Chutney and Dips | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Ingredients:amla or gooseberries-4
coriander leaves-2 cups
cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
salt- to taste
- Wash amlas and place them on the turntable of microwave, micro high them for 3 minutes
- roughly chop ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves, wash them thoroughly.
- Deseed amlas and roughly chop them.
- place all the chopped ingredients along with salt ,cumin seeds and water in the grinder jar and grind it coarsly
- Healthy amla chutney is ready to serve
Notes:If we are boiling amlas , it will reduce its sour flavor and we have to add lemon juice , tamarind or amchur powder to enhance its taste, but in case of microwaving its sour flavor retains and need not to add any sour ingredient.
You can adjust its consistency according to you. If you want to know more about amla or gooseberryand its uses please refer to Wikipedia for details.
You can also try other healthy chutney recipes of my blog like apple chutney, dates and tamarind chutney or instant chhunda in microwave.