Raswaley Methi Aloo | Fenugreek Potato Curry
Feenugreek leaves are grinded to paste and then cooked with potatoes, lots of garlic and other spices.
This recipe is slightly bitter in taste, but healthy like other green leafy vegetables, you can add some spinach leaves while grinding to balance the bitter taste of methi.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves :4
Recipe Category: Curry and Gravies | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Ingredients:fenugreek or methi leaves-2 cups
coriander powder-1 tablespoon
garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- clean and wash fenugreek leaves
- Roughly chop onion and grind them for 3-4 seconds without adding water.(coarse grinding is required
- grind methi leaves with ginger, green chillies and tomatoes to fine paste.
- peel and crush garlic pods.
- heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion paste, stirring continuously roast till golden in color, add crushed garlic to it, roast till garlic turns to pinkish in color
- Add fenugreek paste to it, stirring continuously roast it on high flame till its color starts to change, your kitchen will filled with aroma of meethi
- add chopped potatoes, turmeric and coriander powder to it, mix well roast on low flame for 2-3 minutes, add 1 cup of water to it, pressure cook till 3 whistles, first 2 on high flame and last one on low flame.
- Let it cool completely, check gravy’s consistency if required boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- At the time of serving add garam masala powder lemon juice to it.
Notes:Proper roasting of methi paste is essential for perfect taste in this recipe, roast for 6-7 minutes till oil separates.
You can prepare this recipe without using onion too, sometimes I do.