Khandvi Recipe | Easy Indian Snacks
Khandvi is a Gujrati snack recipe, seems difficult but very easy to prepare. During my last visit to Ahmedabad, I had a chance to taste khandvi with mild and sweet chutney, from then it was in my to-do-list and finally I am posting khandvi recipe on my blog.
Usually curd is used in it, but I am using buttermilk(amul) in this recipe, hence no need to add water. Ingredients required and detailed instructions for the recipe are as follows:
Preparation Time : 05 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves :4
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Ingredients for Khandvi RecipeBesan or gramflour- 1 cup
Butter milk -2 cups
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Ginger paste-1/4 teaspoon
For tempering and garnishing
Coriander leaves- 1tablespoon
Black mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon
red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoon
Freshly grated coconut or coconut powder-1 tablespoon
- grease thali or tray with few drops of oil
- In a bowl add besan, buttermilk, turmeric, salt, and ginger to it, mix well
- Heat a non stick pan, pour batter in it, stirring continuously cook on high flame, as it starts boiling set the flame to low , stir it till batter thickens(refer to pick).
- Take a teaspoon of mixture spread it on greased thali or tray, spread it with the help of spatula, check if it is rolled easily, then mixture is ready, if not means mixture is not ready and require more cooking.
- Spread mixture on tray, let it cool completely.
- With the help of knife divide it in lenghtwise strips, with the help of fingers gently lift upwards and then make rolls with each part and arrange all rolls in a plate.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds as they crackle add red chilli powder and pour this tadka over khandvis.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves and coconut as garnishing. Serve with chutney of your choice.
Notes:If you are using curd the ratio of curd : besan: water will be of 1:1:1(1 cup curd, 1 cup water and 1 cup besan)
When batter starts boiling, reduce the flame to low and stir continuously till it thickens.
Mixture will spread easily only when it is warm , so you have to work fast.
Looking for other easy Indian snacks, please check my earlier post 10 indian deep fried snacks.
If you like this recipe please share it on facebook, twitter, g+ and Pinterest using the share buttons on top.