Bathua Poori | Chenopodium Poori | Healthy RecipesBathua is known as Chenopodium in English, it is a healthy green leafy vegetable rich in vitamin A, magnesium, potassium and Iron.
Bathua is used in recipes in many ways , like saag with potatoes, bathua paratha, and bathua raita.
As bathua is an unusual green, its cleaning require much time than other greens hence people don’t prefer to eat this, but as far as its health benefits are concerned one should try to include bathua in diet. For me it is very easy to include it in form of poori.
Now coming to the recipe, ingredients required and detailed instructions for the recipe are as follows:
Preparation Time : 25 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves :4
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Ingredients for Bathua(Chenopodium)PooriChenopodium or bathua leaves-1 cup
wheat flour-2 cups
roasted cumin powder-1 teaspoon
garammasala powder-1/4 teaspoon
oil- for deep frying
- Clean and wash bathua leaves.
- chop green chillies
- boil bathua leaves, green chillies with 1 tablespoon water till 3 whistles.
- with the help of hand blender, puree it or grind it to fine paste.
- In a bowl add bathua puree, salt, cumin powder and garam masala powder, mix well and knead it to stiff dough, add water if required.
- let is rest for 5 minutes
- heat sufficient oil in kadhai, take a small ball of dough, roll out poori with it and deep fry poori in hot oil. Prepare all the pooris in the same way.
Notes:You can serve bathua poori with any gravy dish or with spicy potatoes.
If preparing for breakfast, prepare puree a day before and than make pooris with it, or you can make puree once and use it differnt recipes.
Want to know more about chenopodium health benefits refer to this news.